Netzero Energy-Deep Carbon Emission Reduction:
Minimize the environment impact that causes climate change. Heal the earth by using clean energy and maximizing energy efficiency on houses, buildings and transportations that produce green house gas emissions which are harmful to the environment. By implementing netzero energy initiative, it not only heals the earth but also saves the bottom line.
- Energy Consumers:
Local clean energy Supply (Solar, wind, fuel cell, microturbine CHP, Energy storage, Hybrids) - Energy Efficient Local Energy Demand = Net zero energy from Utility power generators which generate green house gas which is harmful to the climate change.
DER (Distributed Energy Resources) + SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Aquisition) + Smart Grid (2 way energy networks that can automatically monitor energy flows and adjust to changes in energy supply and demand accordingly) = Improvement in the efficiency, reliability , economics, and sustainability of the production and distribution of electricity.
- Case studies:
- The Santa Rita Jail in Dublin, California has an on-site photovoltaic system that produces 1.18 megawatts, giving $15 million in net savings over the 25-year life of the project.
- The Shop 'n' Save supermarket chain has installed base load generators at almost a dozen of its grocery stores, avoiding $40,000 in losses per day in the event of a power outage.
- A police station in New York's Central Park bought a fuel cell to run its electronic crime-fighting equipment, saving $200,000 over the cost of a line upgrade.
- Energy supply technology development:
- Significant reduction in solar photovoltaic power production capital cost (from $10/W to $0.7/W)
- Energy demand efficiency technology development:
- Energy efficient transportation.
- Improve energy efficiency in homes, buildings, power plants, and any facilities that emit GHG.